THE DRAMATHON COMPANY LTD | DATA PROTECTION & USE POLICY
The Dramathon Company will collect data from event participants at the point of their sign-up to the event. Entering an event constitutes a positive consent. This will in almost all cases be done online via our entries partner (currently Entry Central), but also includes any data provided to us by phone, email, paper forms, or any other means of communication. This policy sets out how we collect data, what it is used for, and how we will handle it.
The legal basis for our use/processing of data under GDPR is consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
It is necessary for us to collect, process and temporarily store data from event participants in order for purposes set out below.
For the purpose of the GDPR Act 2018, the data protection office is Ian King of 99 rue Mont Cenis, Paris 75018, France.
How we collect data
Online as part of the sign-up process for The Dramathon event – data is input to the system
personally by each participant. Typically, this will include; Name, Address, Telephone
Number, Date of Birth, Club/Team, Email Address, Emergency Contact Name & Contact
Telephone Number, T-Shirt Size and optional relevant medical details.
- Paper entry forms, telephone, email and other means – similar data to above. This is
manually input to the same online database as above.
What we use data for
Age Group, Club/Team)
– Programming electronic timing systems
response by event medical teams to incidents.
results/write-ups of recently held events.
economic impact assessments and similar.
How we handle data
- Initially data is input to the Entry Central database by each participant. Entry Central Data
- Data (in the form of a CSV spreadsheet) is downloaded to a password protected file shortly
before each event.
- This data is processed to produce event Start Lists and to program the electronic timing
system. Printed Start Lists are produced for the purposes of sign-on/registration on the day
of each event. These start lists include details of emergency contacts so they can be verified
at the sign-on desk. The ‘medical info’ data is never printed, nor are email/phone contact
details – these are only held electronically (password protected) by The Dramathon and used
for exceptional purposes.
- Results are produced and published online using Name, Age Group and Club/Team data.
- Email addresses are held indefinitely by The Dramathon for the purposes of sending email
newsletters only – we never pass these details to any 3rd party, with the exceptions listed
- All other personal details will be deleted after a maximum of 1 year from both the
Dramathon and Entry Central databases.
- We may only disclose your personal information to third parties: In the event that we sell or
buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller
or buyer of such business or assets, if The Dramathon company or its assets are acquired by
a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the
transferred assets, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to
comply with any legal obligation.
A participant can request removal from the email database at any time, by contacting
It should be noted that we consider the holding and use of data to be essential for the safe running
of an event. If a participant wishes to remove their data from a yet-to-be-held event, it will also be
necessary to withdraw from the event. This situation will be handled as a standard withdrawal under
our T&C’s and refunds will follow the methods given on the sign-up form, including any date-related